Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Super-Woman Syndrome Dilemma

Sometimes, what I need and don't allow myself the opportunity to experience very often is the ability to feel vulnerable.  The wisdom to know that in vulnerability lies the transparency that most appreciate.  The knowledge of recognizing vulnerability as an inevitable trait that can be both painful and pleasurable.

It is only when I am in a certain setting that all walls are off, guards are down and I just.. am.  I've been thinking about this today.  Especially after a very life changing conversation.

To carry through the feeling that vulnerability means accessibility to others; it means humility amidst certainty; it equals strength of exposing the parts of you you still have not owned and loved.

Ironic is the understanding that freeing myself from the strains of my own guards expands my mind, fulfills my soul and nourishes my body.  Why is it then that I still stop one step short form full vulnerable exposure?  Is that an art that we learn?  Is that a trait that we master?  Or will it be for ever a game of risk taking and hoping for high odds?

Have I not yet crossed through gates that shed you of pride, fear and self-righteousness?

There was a lesson today.  Be transparent.  Be authentic.  Be ready for the love.  Love the hatred.  Be you.  Always.

One more layer peeled away.

It's a craft worth mastering.  Being vulnerable.

Down the path of vulnerability, I stroll, one yellow brick at a time.




1 comment:

Renata Braga said...

Uau !!!!! Parei para pensar junto com vc !
Belo texto.
Bjs